John Rumm

John Stumbles wrote:

will love in a cupboard for 362 days a year, may well be very different

live

;-), now that is a mental picture to conjure with!

On the other hand cheap tools can give you useful experience of that
type of tool and help you decide whether you really need a better (and
more expensive) one. Ultimately if you use it enough to break it you
know that you do!

Yes good point... a sort of "practice tool" catagory, not sure if I will
get much use from it but get a cheap one to try...

Mid range tools

Bosh (green bodied), Black & Decker, Skill, Wicks own brand (grey
bodied), Freud, DeWalt

??????

Which were you questioning? (DeWalt being in mid range?)

Really ought to say something about batteries and chargers(/cookers :-)
since this is a big factor wrt cordless tools and a lot of people don't
pay much attention to them.

Yup, a whole section is needed on cordless I think....

Overall I think this is a general intro but we could do with specifics
of particular tools including corded and cordless drills (e.g. geared
speeds, variable speed, hammer, sds, roto stop, weight, torque limit,
safety clutch, chuck size & type) jigsaws, circular saws, routers, angle
grinders ....

Yup... also perhaps the tools where there is a large jump in performance
between the entry level tools and the top end. Jig saws spring to mind...

Perhaps the above could be in a section headed by tool type, along with
a "why you might want one" catagory.

--
Cheers,

John.