Mike

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:44:50 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

with a box spring his wife (she's 4' 10") had a difficult time getting
into the bed. They ended up eliminating the box spring altogether.

Shoulda made her a step.

Her husband is a carpenter...... so that was out of the question. :-)

I'm working on designing a bed too, the mechanics were easy to
figure out, no prob there. It's gonna be tall enough (at mattress top -

I've only built one bed and enjoyed doing it. As you say the
mechanics are simple and it's fun project.
The biggest thing I learned is that once you build the bed, you get to
build an armoire and two dressers to match.g

Mike O.