al

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
If you've got more than a couple of millimetres thickness to fill I'd use
one-coat plaster. I use the stuff in white plastic sacks with red logo &
printing on it, from B&Q (and maybe other places - it's not an own-brand
but I can't remember the brand name). That goes on up to 50mm thick (they
say) and doesn't sag the way polyfilla does. There are own-brands in the
sheds which may be alright - I haven't tried.

I've pried away some of the shot plaster and it's about 3-4mm thick, so not
nearly as bad as I thought. Haven't got any PVA ... will see how much of
the wall I destroy by the time all of the paper is down first - don't know
if it comes in small amounts.

Managed to steam burn my wrist so far, which is a great help!! Lessons to
be learned about being careless with paper steamers!