Charlie Self

Doug Miller states:

In article , Tim Douglass
wrote:

[snip lotsa real good stuff about safety gear]

Face shields are a real pain except in specialized applications

I can't agree with you on this one. I also wear prescription glasses,
and I've
found the same difficulties with goggles that you described. For me, a
face
shield is the perfect solution: it never fogs, and it takes only
seconds to
put on. I wear mine constantly when I'm in the shop. The only downside
I've
seen to it is that you'd better remember to lift it when you feel a
sneeze
coming on. :-(

I agree. When I used to be nearsighted, a face shield was about the
only thing that kept fog off the eyeglasses for any length of time.

Now, I can wear just a pair of reader bifocals, and those are available
all over the place these days. I have at least one pair I got at
McFeely's. But you gotta change from nearsighted to mildly farsighted
to do that, which in my case took cataract surgery.