Morris Dovey

I didn't really mean to stir up a chronometer debate. Most of us
never need that kind of accuracy, tho I'll admit that it has been
a convenience to not need to worry about my wrist time wandering
from what the radio and TV gives.

What I have liked is that the darned thing has taken a beating -
for a lot of years - and kept on working really well. It isn't a
piece of "foo-foo" jewelery, it's a dependable machine, an
anachronism almost, from the time before all things became
disposable. It's so not "foo-foo" that I have another (not Rolex)
watch that I wear for dress occasions (except that the battery
for that watch is dead, again.)

My point was - and is - that if you happen to be hard on watches,
an old plain vanilla stainless steel Rolex may be a worthwhile
alternative to a succession of disposables.

I wish I could find a sander that'd hold up so well.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar