Owen Lowe

In article ,
"M.J." wrote:

Not even going to try and convice you that minimum wage is fair.....but are
you trying to tell me that a simple hollow vessel that takes an hour or two
to complete is worth several thousand dollars? How much does that same
hollow vessel bring in Australia....the UK......Nigeria.......??

I'm assuming we're still referring to the $100 vs. $900 Ellsworth-style
of hollow vessel. If you can turn such a vessel to completion in an hour
or two and have it comparable to his to such a degree that an
experienced woodturner (Darrell) wasn't able to tell a difference other
than the signature then, criminey, I am not worthy of being in your
presence.

I don't know about comparable vessels internationally, but I have seen
the prices for Tobias Kaye's sounding bowls and Hans Weissflogs lattice
boxes and they are certainly expensive from my bank account's point of
view.

(Just had to type of this quick comment as I mull the responses to my
posts.)

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long