news.east.cox.net

Default Found: Waterproof Trays for Watestones

Hi Folks,

I have been on the hunt for the most appropriate accessory to use with my
waterstones that is a) portable, b) waterproof or resistant and c) somewhat
non-skid. I tried locating the trays I saw used at a recent Shapton
demonstration (and what can be seen on their website
(www.shaptonstones.com), but didn't have any luck - and for whatever reason
the Shapton folks were unable to tell me.

I surfed the web and, well, there was too much information, I also looked at
several of the hardware web sites. My wife suggested trying Target. Being
the dutiful husband, off I went.

Guess what? I found the perfect accessory to use in Target's Kitchen Goods
section. It's produced by KitchedAid and it's called Silicone Bakeware.
Basically, it's a 9" X 9" baking pan made from rubberized silicone and it's
the right height so as not to interfere with the tool being sharpened.
Waterproof? Check. Non-skid? Check. Portable? Check; heck, it can be
rolled up.

It works great!