Owen Lowe

In article ,
Will wrote:

Will, I've not heard the term "moral rights" before reading your replies
in this discussion. Is this a Canadian term? I don't believe it's
something in the US copyright terms.

No. It is not "Just Canada". These are issues resolve in _International
Treaties_ - otherwise Microsoft could not sue people in other countries
for ripping off "MS Windows" for eg.

Get a copy of the international treaties relating to copyright, and
check an applicable American Law book if you really do need to know.

I looked up the term, "moral rights," and found little in the US Govt.
patent and copyright office information. One of only a few "hits" is:
"Intellectual Property and the National Information Infrastructure"
"The Report of the Working Group on Intellectual Property Rights"
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/com/doc/ipnii/ipnii.txt

It appears it's readily used internationally but is relatively unused
within the United States' domestic terminology.

USA is a signatory to these International Treaties - not that they
always pay attention to treaties they have signed.

No! Really? Them thar's fightin' words.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long