Rick Cook

San Diego Joe wrote:
I'm designing a bed that is to have drawers under it. It never occurred to
me until I put pencil to paper (well mouse to CAD), but would the bed still
have a box spring, or just the mattress?

Any other useful information will be much appreciated.

In our case it's got a waterbed mattress. The bottom is 3/4 plywood (was
MDF -- bad idea. Leaks damage plywood and destroy MDF. DAMHIKT) It's
supported by the frame and the sides and backs of the drawer components.
(Not the drawers themselves. The parts that would be the chest if it was
free-standing.)

--RC