J T

Fri, Mar 4, 2005, 10:02pm (EST-1) (Mike) sez:
snip Other than that it's just a matter of height. I have a friend who
had a similar bed frame for a water bed. He later went to a mattress but
with a box spring his wife (she's 4' 10") had a difficult time getting
into the bed. They ended up eliminating the box spring altogether.

Shoulda made her a step.

I'm working on designing a bed too, the mechanics were easy to
figure out, no prob there. It's gonna be tall enough (at mattress top -
no box spring) so I can just sorta slide over the edge and be standing.
I just haven't decided on the end design yet. So, I'm doing homework,
and looking at different designs, borrowing something from different
ones. I'm kinda thinking something Viking looking, corner posts,
massive looking, very solid, using 2X12s, maybe some 4X4s. I'm quite
interested in finding out what I'll come up with.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold