Dorothy and Richard Shelson

Hi Buck:

While I didn't catch the thread you refer to earlier I have been told
that such screws are so infrequent in the US that rather than find a
screwdriver that will work with them people just use a pry bar to break
boxes from Canada apart. That may be Urban Legend but I too am curious.

Richard

Buck Frobisher wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:06:33 -0500, Buck Frobisher
wrote:

You can blame Henry Ford's greed and P. L. Robertson's stubbornness if
you
regret the non-availability in the U.S. even today.

Of Ford's greed, there's little doubt, but I've been buying Robertson
hardware for more than a decade in normal retail hardware outlets. The
non-availability of which you speak doesn't exist.

If you mean to say that Robertson screws and drivers became available 10
years ago, then mazel tov! I didn't know that had happened. I suppose that
70 years is enough time for it to catch on.

But, judging by what I have heard in the past, and some of the comments here
regarding "Canadian screws" (remember the crowbar story earlier in this
thread?) I would say that, in general, Robertson is almost completely
unknown in the US.

Am I wrong, folks?