Owen Lowe

In article ,
Will wrote:

If you recall "The Wind Done gone"... A take-off of "Gone with the wind
"(GWTW). A lower court fond the satire to be a violation. An appellate
court found the satire allowable -- as I recall.

BUT!!!!! The new work was a new story. Not a simple rehash of the
original, or the old book with words crossed out and new words inserted etc.

I generally stick up for the primary creator in infringement issues but
The Wind Done Gone was a decision I didn't really understand. I didn't
see how the derivitive work harmed the original.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long