Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Denis Marier" wrote:

I remember when working in engineering design for international companies.
One of the prerequisite for employment was that "If during the course of
your employment you created, designed, invent, facilitate, reduce
production cost or improve machinery's the drawings and procedures made by
you shall remind the property of the employers. The common weaver was that
the employer had the right to get your idea patented and only pay you $1.00
for your invention. Failing to sign this weaver a designer was not hired.

This is common and not unreasonable in most cases. The company is
generally providing the employee: a salary and benefits; continued
educational opportunities; a facility, funds and similarly educated
coworkers to study, research and develop ideas; the secondary or
tertiary resources and labor force required to bring the product to
reality; the legal team to hash out the risks and legalities of the
developed product; etc. If you are inventing on their dime and tools,
why would the individual employee own the product produced? What's the
point of hiring educated and innovative employees if the company is not
the recipient of their labor?

There are also instances in which the employee proved that the invention
was developed totally outside the realm of the employer, using no
company resources and thus retained sole ownership of the product.

Likewise a number of companies and products exist today in which the
employees bought the rights to the product or method they came up with
in order to strike out on their own.

If your idea is not patented or duly recognized by a legal body and accepted
by the law of the land your have a mammoth task to prove in a court of law
that you are the first one that created, invented or wrote the operational
philosophy and so on.

That is true as far as I know of the subject. Protecting your rights can
be expensive and time consuming. Just consider, though, the story of the
inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper system...

One interesting song is "I did it my way" who was the
real creator of that song?

I've no idea - though I can certainly hear Sinatra's warble in my head.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long