Doug Miller

In article 1109983110.ac6987af9de5995eedcfa302d58dd5c8@teran ews, San Diego Joe wrote:
I'm designing a bed that is to have drawers under it. It never occurred to
me until I put pencil to paper (well mouse to CAD), but would the bed still
have a box spring, or just the mattress?

Depends on how high above the floor you wish the top of the mattress to be.

If you want a fairly low profile, then omit the box spring - but you will need
to have a solid platform to lay the mattress on. If a higher profile is
acceptable, then use a box spring - and you need only a frame and slats to
support it.

May depend on the type of mattress, too. I believe some are intended for use
only with a box spring, and others not.

--
Regards,