Malcolm Hackett

Default How bendy is copper pipe?

I know that plumbers bend the stuff all the time, but I hate plumbing, so
I've never tried! Possible project coming up on behalf of designer wife, who
fancies a low garden fence made of timber with copper pipe inserts.
I had an idea that it might look good if the pipe lengths were bent into
inverted U shapes, but I don't know how easy it is to bend the copper pipe.
How tight a bend might be possible .. is it possible to achieve a U shape?
Also, what would be the best way to ensure that I could get the SAME U shape
each time (ie not all different sizes) ... could I make up some kind of a
timber form to bend around?
Or am I just deluding myself and should I attempt to persuade all concerned
to go for a timber picket fence?!

---