Tim Williams

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
It's said that he came up with the idea from running a single disk in
a stream and I think , thinking about bank tubes across the Atlantic.
What I don't get is that steam must be really chaotic and thus not
laminar.

Steam is like any gas or fluid in general, if slow enough it will happily
flow smooth and laminar. A Tesla turbine doesn't really need laminar flow
anyway, as long as it sticks to the surface, it's good. Just transfer of
the momentum.

You can do the same thing yourself: next time you're rinsing a soup can lid
in the sink, center it between your fingers and put it under the stream off
center. It'll pull it along.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."