David W.E. Roberts

Default Low Cold Pressu Shower options

"Matt" wrote in message
om...
Thanks Dave, I'll go with that and get the guy back to plumb the cold
mains into the bathroom. The cold mains pressure seems quite
reasonable; and the combi works fine when the cold mains-fed kitchen
tap is wide open.

Matt

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

Only problem is if the mains pressure is so low that it is below spec.

for
the combi when a mains cold tap anywhere in the flat is turned on. You

do
have mains cold in at least the kitchen, don't you, for drinking water?

Not
a good idea to drink water from a storage tank! Think dead mouse.

Only other thing I can think of at the moment is to install your own

cold
water storage tank, plus a booster pump, to give your own dedicated tank

fed
(boosted) cold supply to the shower. However this seems like overkill.

HTH
Dave R

Makes me wonder why the plumber didn't want to do it in the first place -
too much like hard work?

Was (s)he the one who suggested a mixer tap?
This would be an easy job and not solve the problem :-)
[i.e. feeding a shower mixer (or any other mixer) with high pressure hot and
low pressure cold.]

Could just be a major exercise in butt covering in case the end result was
not what you expected.

Probably worth double checking why the plumber didn't want to connect cold
mains to the shower - like perhaps there isn't a mains feed anywhere near it
and it would involve a lot of hackery to get mains cold to the shower.

If in doubt, it may be safer to get a second opinion (assuming you have
reasonable access to another plumber).

Definite "Hmmmm......." moment - if the solution seems obvious to most on
this NG from the information posted, and yet the suggestion has been at
least partially rejected by the plumber, is there something we have missed?

However, don't get too paranoid (just paranoid enought) :-)

Cheers
Dave R