Sunworshipper

On 4 Mar 2005 11:21:15 -0800, "jw" wrote:

Have you ever read any of his papers? The guy was a freakin' genius.
Even with 100 years of technology and theory I still find what he
figured out amazing. There is a book that is a compilation of many of
his research papers. It's a little dry, but very interesting. If you
think you're a smart guy, read this. It will make you realize you are
a "little" person as far as intellect and contribution to society are
concerned.

As for his later inventions and "crackiness", most of that was driven
by investors heavily over invested looking for more genius. The "death
ray" was a result of someone's brilliant suggestion of "wireless
electricity". The result was the infamous Tesla coil.

Papers? What's the name of the book? Dry and in his own writing ?

I've read around 4 books on Tesla. I have one with all his patents.
Just the other night the wife dragged me to the library cause she is
afraid to go there at night , too many bums hang out there. Computers
are all taken as usual so I just go do it the hard way and right off
run into a VHS PBS and a book that I haven't read about him. Watched
the video and it is about time someone put the info. straight.

It's said that he came up with the idea from running a single disk in
a stream and I think , thinking about bank tubes across the Atlantic.
What I don't get is that steam must be really chaotic and thus not
laminar.

I don't think he was even close to whacked. He was an alien plant.
Or might as well have been , the way he was treated. What was it ,
prime numbers with him. Probably a game to keep him from thinking
about wasting money to get laid.