RBM

Only countertop outlets in the kitchen are required to be GFCI
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , chester
wrote:

I have read that it is now allowed by code to replace non-grounded
outlets with GFCI three prong outlets. I have am outlet behide the
fridge that is a two prong (20A). I was considering bringing in a ground
wire, but it would be a considerable hassle. Would it be OK to plug in
my fridge to a GFCI outlet that does not have a ground? Seems any
current leakage problems would be solved by the GFCI, but is there a
quality issue that necessitates a ground when operating the fridge? thx

NOT a good idea. If the GFCI trips, what happens to your food?

--
Regards,