Dick

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:04:49 -0500, Alan wrote:

On 2 Mar 2005 08:53:44 -0800, wrote:

I am pretty sure the law is that you can no longer manufacture the
toilets, I do not believe there is a prohibition on selling or
installing one in your own home.

I live in Detroit, and we go to the Home Depot in Canada to get a real
toilet, drive it back across the border.

I live in Canada and detest toilets that barely flush anything like my
14 year old toilets. I can hardly wait to replace them with 1.6 gpf
toilets that actually make the water go down instead of swirl around
aimlessly. The 1.6 gpf toilet that I had in my previous house worked
incredibly well and saved a lot of money in water bills. Sometimes
the ones I have now have to be flushed three times. The water saver
never needed more than one flush. It was a real toilet. The water
wasters are not.

Anyone who is serious about learning of the best toilets on the market
today should start here
http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm To get
right to the nitty-gritty, this report is very informative. That web
site has a lot of good information as well.
http://www.savingwater.org/docs/MapThirdEdition.pdf

Dick