The Real Tom

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:47:52 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

John Harlow wrote:
wrote:

To make a looong story short, I order a front door, just a slab, no
prep, no nothing, just a plain front door, on August 2nd 2004. As of
today I don't have the door, I cannot get a delievery date for the
door, and they continue to hold my money and refuse to give it back
claiming this is a special order door because it's 70'1/4 not the
standard 70".

Wow - interesting. I was considering ordering a non-standard door from them
as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

A little late to suggest this now, but if it was me, I would have
investigated the practicality of adding a 1/4" thick strip of wood to
the top edge of the door to save the cost and trouble of ordering a
"special" sized door.

Yeah or just hand the door a little more centered, so the molding
overs up the 1/8" top and the weather stripping on the bottom hides
the additional 1/8"

But no matter what, they should have given an estimate on the door, or
give a status on it's construction, so the customer doesn't feel
trapped.

To be more specific about your question, this page will give you the
address of Lowes' corporate headquarters and a toll free phone number.

http://www.hoovers.com/lowe's-companies,-inc./--ID__10920--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

I've felt the need to "complain to headquarters" (with a *politely*
worded letter) a few times in my young life, and always received a
satisfactory response and speedy problem resolution.

I'll second the person who told you to write a real letter and send it
via the USPS.

If you call the 800 number, I'm sure you can get a name to send your
missive to. I'd try just one letter first before unleashing a barrage.

Good Luck,

Jeff

later,

tom @