David Combs

In article ,
Jim Yanik . wrote:
(David Combs) wrote in
:

Are there any LED lights that can do a wide beam? Are there any
that you'd actually consider using to light a path at night?

Sure would be nice if there was one that, like the maglites,
you could adjust the beam-width.
David

You can buy drop in replacements for 2 cell AA Maglites that have a 1 W
Luxeon LED,very bright. About $30 online,check Ebay.
I've heard Costco was selling a pair of 1W Luxeon 2-AA flashlights for the
same price,but couldn't find them at my local CC.

Saw them at my Costco (New Rochelle, NY), but seemed to
me to not have narrowable/spreadable adjustment.

(Was in that horrible plastic thing it (and seemingly
everything else these days) comes in, though, so
it might actually have that. But wasn't advertised
(on package) as being adjustable.)

David