dadiOH

daler wrote:

You had problems with a pocket door installation?

No, not really but the pockets that most builders use - and which are
generally available at home improvement stores - are less than
great...poorly constructed and joined...flimsy...weak.

A standard 2x4 stud wall with a pocket winds up pretty flimsy too.
*Much* better would be two 2x4 walls with a pocket between but you then
have a really thick wall. There are also well made pockets available
but they have to be hunted out.

Besides the pocket itself is the track and hardware. Again, there is
good stuff but ya gotta hunt for it. Worthwhile because replacing a
track is a major undertaking. Even replacing a hanger is a real PITA.
I have a door now with a broken front hanger...gotta take off all the
trim to get the door out to replace same. As I said, a PITA.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...