Andy Hall

Default Holiday UK appliances in USA

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 12:56:03 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:38:01 +0000,
wrote:

Will things like electric shavers, hair dryers etc. from UK work
straight from the mains (using the 2 flat pin adapter) in USA? Does
one need a "step down" transformer / voltage converter?

I have a similar problem. My digital camera takes rechargeable AA
bateteries which I will need to recharge. The charger has a UK plug
and does not mention 110V. What would be the best option here please?

The cheapest way is to wait until you get there and simply buy a
charger for AA batteries.

The alternative of buying a voltage convertor would be a lot more
expensive.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl