Buck Frobisher

"Silvan" wrote in message
It's kinda funny, actually. I haven't used any of those Roberson screws,
so
maybe, just maybe, they're actually different. I hate Phillips and Allen
screws because they strip out too easily, and you have to turn them into
slotted screws to get them out. Torx screws are a little better, but
still, sometimes you have to turn them into slotted screws to get them
out.
Personally, therefore, I prefer slotted screws for many applications.
Like
any application where I might have to remove the screw some day. Or lag
screws, even better, if I can use them.

here's a very short history of the Robertson screw:

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ont...son_screws.htm

and here's the company's website: http://www.robertsonscrew.com/

They even thought to colour-code the screwdrivers to make the hole sizes
easier to remember. "Hey, throw me a red Robertson, willya?"

You can blame Henry Ford's greed and P. L. Robertson's stubbornness if you
regret the non-availability in the U.S. even today.

--
"Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

regards,

Frank Johansen
Aurora, Ontario