nospambob

Shop teacher and Boy Scout troop leader named the boys Tom, Dick and
Harry. Buddy was named John Jones.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:37:33 -0000,
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

In article ,
John Moorhead wrote:
Bill -

PS: I expect the kids will have a real ball with my last name. I'm just
glad my first name isn't Richard.

All things are "relative" -- particularly with names.

The following are all absolutely true -- I know the parties personally.

A family, with the last name of "Butz", named their son Harold.

A family with the last name of "Tracey", named their son Richard. For some
strange reason, he went by "Rick". He could have had things a lot worse,
the local newspaper did *NOT* carry that comic strip.

Then there was the Dick family. The husband had a *terrible* (in _several_
meanings of the word!) sense of humor. He was seriously planning to name
their second daughter "Tracy". It took a *deadly*serious* threat of divorce
by his wife to talk him out of it.

Lastly, there is *my* great-grandmother. Maiden name Allah Micah (a good
Biblical name). However, when she married a Mr. Roy Gater, she became
Mrs. Allah Gater. One thing we know with absolute certainty -- she *really*
loved that man -- she *HAD* to, to be willing to live with _that_ for the
rest of her life.