Warren Weber

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
news
Thanks folks. The ideas of painting the tape line with the color you
just covered up
makes a lot of sense! I will be trying that from now on. In the
meantime, I'm probably
ready for bi-focals trying to clean up the current lines I've got.
As for the paint on tile question, the paint is actually on the grout, not
the tile. I figured
a bit of elbow grease would work but was wondering if there might be a
better solvent
to use vs. water.
Thanks for the help!!!!
Cheers,
cc

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Hiya Folks,
I'm in the process of painting the interior of the house and am about 1/3
of the way done. I keep running into two
problems that are taking a vast amount of time to correct and I'm hoping
the wisdom of the group might have some
advice to avoid the problems.

1. Where two colors meet on say a corner or wall, I'm taping off the
one color and then painting up to the tape. No
matter how hard I apply the tape, it seems the new color seeps under the
tape and I end up having to take a very small
artist brush and painting the entire line again. I'm using the 3M Blue
painters tape if that means anything. I realize the texture
of the wall is probably causing most of my problems but was hoping
someone might have an idea how to get the tape
to fill all the recesses (the texture really isn't that "deep" if you
will).

2. Related to the above problem, I have saltillo tile on the floor and
paint has gotten under the tape there too and has
ended up on the grout. Any suggestions on how to clean this up?

Thanks much,
Cheers,

Alcohol removes latex very fast. W W