Norminn

clipped
artist brush and painting the entire line again. I'm using the 3M Blue
painters tape if that means anything. I realize the texture
of the wall is probably causing most of my problems but was hoping someone
might have an idea how to get the tape
to fill all the recesses (the texture really isn't that "deep" if you will).

Try using a smaller brush, not so heavilly loaded and paint away from
the edge of the tape, not toward it. Take the tape off right away. A
long metal straight edge may work better than tape, but you don't want
to load the brush or drag paint under whatever edge you use.

2. Related to the above problem, I have saltillo tile on the floor and
paint has gotten under the tape there too and has
ended up on the grout. Any suggestions on how to clean this up?

My only paint disaster experience was in helping a neighbor whose
painter had a few too many beers. Formula 409 works nicely on dry but
not cured latex paint. A toothbrush and hot water on the grout might
help. You don't want to spill paint on concrete or grout, as it is
about impossible to get out.

Thanks much,
Cheers,
cc