workinprogress

"Art" wrote in message
link.net...
I have some flourscents under my cabinets and after a few years the
diffusors plastic changes and they tend to fall off every few months.

Very
annoying. May not be that brand though.

"workinprogress" wrote in message
I'm going to install under cabinet lights. I've looked around and this
seems to be the best deal for my needs. Before I pull the trigger I
wondered if anyone knew of a better deal.

http://www.pegasusassociates.com/UCthininch.jsp

My requirements a

-must be hard-wireable

-must be 1" thick or less ( want low profile so they won't stick out

past
the lip of the cabinet )

-no more than ~$100 for everything.

I need to cover two cabinets that are 34.5" and one that is 13.5"

They have a "minimum quantity" so I'll have to pay a $10 "small order"

fee
which kind of annoys me but buying two long and one short will bring the
total to about $104. Thanks for your thoughts.

(I'm going with flourescent because they seem the cheapest and most

energy
efficient. It's ok that they are not dimmable)

The led option is interesting but I guess I'm more familiar with this style
of flourescent so I'll probably go with that. I wouldn't mind home depot,
but that last I checked I couldn't find any low profile there, mostly the
''puck'' halogen or xeon. I like the color of halogen, but they don't last
long enough for me. I put some xeons up for Mom and they are good but
flourescent are cheaper so that will do for me. Thanks to everyone for the
input.