jeffc

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
1. Where two colors meet on say a corner or wall, I'm taping off the one
color and then painting up to the tape. No
matter how hard I apply the tape, it seems the new color seeps under the
tape and I end up having to take a very small
artist brush and painting the entire line again. I'm using the 3M Blue
painters tape if that means anything. I realize the texture
of the wall is probably causing most of my problems but was hoping someone
might have an idea how to get the tape
to fill all the recesses (the texture really isn't that "deep" if you

will).

Tape is usually a waste of time. Your best course of action is to get a
proper brush and use the proper technique. Since I can't really describe it
in words, I'll have to let you find out some other way. You will not need
tape on inside corners. You especially will not need tape on outside
corners since they are easy and practically paint themselves. For 2 paint
colors on the same flat wall, here's a technique that might help. You must
paint both colors, not just one new color. Let's say you want to paint the
left half of the wall white, and the right half of the wall red. Paint the
left half of the wall white. You should spread over onto the red side a
little. Let the paint dry, and then "cure" for several days. Put the tape
down so the tape is covering part of the white half. Now paint over the
tape line with white paint. You are painting part of the red half with
white paint. This is so that the white paint will seep under the tape, but
it will seep onto the part of the wall that is already white. Wait until
the paint dries. The white paint has now sealed that tape line so no more
paint can get under. Leave the tape there and paint the red half of the
wall. Remove the tape before the paint dries, and voila, clean paint line.