James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default A couple of Painting questions.

Hiya Folks,
I'm in the process of painting the interior of the house and am about 1/3 of
the way done. I keep running into two
problems that are taking a vast amount of time to correct and I'm hoping the
wisdom of the group might have some
advice to avoid the problems.

1. Where two colors meet on say a corner or wall, I'm taping off the one
color and then painting up to the tape. No
matter how hard I apply the tape, it seems the new color seeps under the
tape and I end up having to take a very small
artist brush and painting the entire line again. I'm using the 3M Blue
painters tape if that means anything. I realize the texture
of the wall is probably causing most of my problems but was hoping someone
might have an idea how to get the tape
to fill all the recesses (the texture really isn't that "deep" if you will).

2. Related to the above problem, I have saltillo tile on the floor and
paint has gotten under the tape there too and has
ended up on the grout. Any suggestions on how to clean this up?

Thanks much,
Cheers,
cc