foggytown wrote:
Why the hell was the posi screw invented when we had perfectly good
Phillips to begin with? It isn't that easy to tell one from the other
and when you use the wrong bit on the wrong screw head it is REALLY
annoying. As far as I'm concerend, posi head screws can be consigned
to the same pit as Betamax and 8 tracks.

FoggyTown

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:17:02 GMT, Dorothy and Richard Shelson
wrote:

Sorry to come in from left field but I need to ask. What IS a "posi
screw"? We have in Canada a Robertson screw which I am told does not
exist in the US. I think it is far superior to the Phillips. Is that
what you are referring to?

Richard Shelson

nope. robertson (square drive) is available in the US. it's not even
all that uncommon. pozi-drive is a system that looks almost just
exactly like a phillips, but it isn't compatible. it was designed to
*not* cam out when the screw seats, unlike phillips, which was
designed *to* cam out when the screw seats....