Larry Jaques

This one never posted last month for some reason.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:03:37 GMT, the inscrutable Rick Cook
spake:

John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
ups.com...

There are lot of aprons to choose from -- $10 to $85.

So is the Lie-Nielsen ($85) just a status symbol or is it worth $85?

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?id=APR

Being leather it would put up with a fair amount of abrasion compared to the
typical cotton apron... and gain character with use!

Leather is better for a shop apron -- but that much better?

This one is no status symbol, but it works just great and is
a damn sight cheaper. I'm happy with my 91% cheaper HF apron.
Avoid their fire-retardant canvas apron, though. I pulled one out of
its bag last week and nearly went into respiratory arrest from the
really HEAVY chemical smell. Whew!

At $85, you're likely paying for "gilded" LN logo stitching, a bit
better quality leather, and probably a more comfy apron with the
cross-hung style. But at 10x the price? Pass. (Though it is purty.)

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----