Ross Mac

"Ross Mac" wrote in message
"workinprogress" wrote in message
I'm going to install under cabinet lights. I've looked around and this
seems to be the best deal for my needs. Before I pull the trigger I
wondered if anyone knew of a better deal.

http://www.pegasusassociates.com/UCthininch.jsp

My requirements a

-must be hard-wireable

-must be 1" thick or less ( want low profile so they won't stick out
past
the lip of the cabinet )

-no more than ~$100 for everything.

I need to cover two cabinets that are 34.5" and one that is 13.5"

They have a "minimum quantity" so I'll have to pay a $10 "small order"
fee
which kind of annoys me but buying two long and one short will bring the
total to about $104. Thanks for your thoughts.

(I'm going with flourescent because they seem the cheapest and most
energy
efficient. It's ok that they are not dimmable)

No experience with these models but I can say that florescent is a good
way to go since they run cool and use up to 30% less electricity. I had
florescents in my last house and we would leave them on in the night for
night lights and those trips to the kitchen for cold water, milk and
cookies.....I'm sure you will get some posts to help you more...good luck,
Ross

Correction....30% *OF* the electricity of incandescants....in other words
a1/3rd the power....