Ross Mac

"Aubrey" wrote in message
Hi,

I was away for a couple of weeks and I decided to let the water run in the
bathroom sink a small drop.....in doing tied a white cloth around the
sprout of the facet for the water to filter through. When I return the
cloth was rusty brown......WOW I said to myself.

Could you tell me what would be the cause of this? As well, should I
contact the Town council.

Sounds like manganese in the water...not too uncommon from underground water
supplies. A water softener would solve this for you. I bought one for my new
house from RainSoft for $875 installed. You should be able to find one close
to that price from many of the manufacturers......make sure you get at least
a 1 year warranty....good luck, Ross