Philip Lewis

"Ed" writes:
Fill in the e-mail box with anythink that you like.

Although it's best to use a "special" email (like i do) or to use a
completely invalid email address. (warreneats@joes --- without the
".com")

If you "make up" an address that has a valid domain name ("joes.com"
for example) that domain will have to deal with any spam traffic that
comes via harvesters... which is unfair to that site.

If you use an invalid address, then the spam stops at the first (ie
the spammers) mailer since it doesn't know how to route it.. and no
further net traffic is generated.

If you use a tagged email (like i do) my site gets the spam, but I
filter it on several other rules and usually only see it if someone
forgot to follow the instructions in my signature.

--
be safe.
flip