Doctor Evil

wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil
writes

I know lots of tradesmen, I come in contact with them regularly and many
swear by Kress (Wickes). The woodworkers and kitchen fitters tend top go

for
Makita, DeWalt and Trend. They are a frightened to change from those

makes
even though many will tell you they have to get them repaired more often
than what they would like too.

This depends where you are situated though John, the tradesmen around
here have not even heard of Wickes (the nearest one is about 40 miles
away) and I have certainly not seen Kress on the sites that I visit

Bertie, I saw one maintenance plumber with a cheapo grey PP battery drill.
He did the problems on new homes after hand over. The walls were all
lightweight block, so a powerful hammer he didn't need. He was delighted
with it as it cost only few quid and did the job well.

Kress were sold by BMJ Power who went belly up. They were also B&D dealers
who did service on a number of makes, inc Bosch if I recall. They had
outlets all over the country. Kress in the UK is now limited to Wickes
re-badges, unless someone else has come in with a dealership. I know Kress
were looking for a UK dealer for the Kress brand. They have a great
swivelling chuck drill that converts to an angle drill, but not available in
the UK as Kress are dealerless.
http://www.kress-elektrik.de/en/prod...?categorie=443

They shift so much stuff through Wickes it is probably not worth getting
involved with another dealer who might go belly up too. The sheds rule. The
sheds saw off BMJ Power, who had some great guaranteed re-conn deals of
Kress, Bosch, DeWalt, etc. I still have a 25 year old re-con B&D hammer
drill from BMJ that is still going.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download