Teamcasa

Good luck in this endeavor. Teaching was a very rewarding time for me.

Kids are way smarter than the administration gives them credit for.
Properly challenge them and watch them rise to it.

Dave

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
om...
Folks -

Well, I've been stamped, folded, pricked, tested, certified,
administrated, negotiated, collated and investigated. I start teaching
woodworking at 9AM on Monday, March 14, and I'll be teaching a total of 17
hours a week over 4 days. I only will have one group of students to
start, a second will be added as the program gears up.

I go in Tuesday, Wendnesday and Thursday next week to inventory, organize
and clean up the shop in preparation for class the following week.

I've even ordered myself a brand spankin' new shop apron from Duluth
Trading Co - I already have a good supply of the requisite flannel shirts.

They've told me to run the shop like it's my own show, and not worry about
picking up where the other classes left off - I'll be starting from
scratch. I figure I should start out class with what people already know -
get some familiarity with the group of ~15, then move on to safety and the
very basics of measuring and marking. When I discussed the math involved
with the making of say a circular table top, I was told to keep it VERY
simple, that not all students would understand fractions well, or would
know what "diameter" was. So, simple it is!

The shop has a belsaw molding cutter and a Shop-Bot - I've never used
either one, but would really like to learn all I can about CNC. I'll have
a HUGE (I hope!) project later this year that may warrant purchasing one
for my own shop.

Woodworking .101 here I come!

John Moorhead

http://www.usenet.com