Jet

Default Night Vision security cameras

Hi all

I want to upgrade the security camera system at my mums place. (She lives
"in the middle of nowhere" and won't move.)

She currently has two estrenally mounted b&w cameras and a switching box(?)
linked thru to the telly / video. It's supposed to beep and start recording
when it detects movement. Ok, thats fine but the system is about 8 yrs old
and the cameras seem to have lost definition and the whole system is
pernicketty to say the least.

I am looking for a system that provides the following:

4 cameras (initially and expansion room) (prolly b&w again)
good IR night vision and resolution
auto sensing and auto recording
DIY-able )

I am googling like crazy and can find all sorts of stuff, but as usual,
would rather go on a recommendation from the assembled if at all poss

Anyone been down this road recently / offer some pointers?

tia

--
Jet

(actually, my mum lives in a house, down a country lane, no streetlights,
and a recent abundance of vandalising yobs(( )