raden

In message , Andy Dingley
writes
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Dee"
wrote:

Hi Group, help please!

You didn't Google did you ? Thread a couple of months ago on
"Glueing Glass"

I want to build a glass-walled cube. One side removable/hinged.
I will be using plate glass (6mm approx)

"Plate" glass isn't used these days, and you wouldn't like the price
anyway. Modern glass is all float glass. You need a couple of square
metres, which will be pretty cheap, even with the edges polished. If
you want it tempered, then that costs more and takes longer, but it's
still affordable.

It is hard to find a glass supplier though. Most no longer cut glass,
they just sell things from factories. Many aren't interested in
anything other than standard windows, or profitable commercial work.

Not sure that's quite true,

I have one just round the corner, one on my way to work and one on my
estate at work.

There are possibly more, but that's three I know about within 10 minutes
drive from my chez nous

--
geoff