IMM

Default Shower pumps again!!!

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .
I can't help wondering, and would be interested in anyone else's views,

1. Are shower pumps used anywhere else in Europe or is it another quirk of
our UK low pressure stored water heritage?

Predominantly UK & Ireland.

2. If this is a niche market why do we put up with such high prices for

what
is basically an induction motor and some mouldings and seals?

Don't buy one. Use the water company's pumps via the mains.

3. Why are they always specified as this or that Bar rating when this is
meaningless without a corresponding flow at given pressure.
4. Do the manufacturers complex warranties actually mean anything? Perhaps
their failure costs are factored into the selling price.

They mean not much under law. If you had a failure 1 week after a guarantee
expired, a court would go in your favour. I think "fit for purpose" is the
term.