doozer

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
"Dee" wrote in message

Hi Group, help please!

I want to build a glass-walled cube. One side removable/hinged.
I will be using plate glass (6mm approx)
The cube is to be 2 ft. square.
So components are six pieces of plate glass each one 2ft x 2ft.
Now, the problem is how to 'stick' the joints.
I would prefer not to use any bracket supports on the joints - just
'glue'.
Can it be done?
What type of joint to make? (DIY of course - no melting of glass!!)

I've seen fish tanks made using transparent silicone sealant to stick the
bits together.

Colin Bignell

Nearly all fish tanks are made like that now (well certainly ones that
you get in the home). The joints are good enough to hold in 200kg of
water so I imagine they will be strong enough for whatever you need.

The sealant used in fish tanks has to be free of fungicides and able to
handle constant submersion but I don't think there is any difference
(glueing ability wise) between it and the stuff you can get in any DIY
shed for a couple of pounds.

Graham