Larry Jaques

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:51:27 +0000 (UTC), the inscrutable John Thomas
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

And people think you only have to do those mods to Griz and HF
bandsaws. That's a real eye-opener, wot? What are Jets, about
$200 more than Griz and $300 more than HF? Har!

HF doesn't make an 18" do they? I've only ever seen the Delta clone at HF.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here (much different configs of
saws ....)

Neither does any more. I think I got the last of Griz' 18s and HF
never did make one. But for comparison, the concept that Jet, being
more expensive yet no better, is valid. I've watched the guys here
buying Jets and Deltas for a decade now and the majority of them are
not fully pleased. It's sad to see.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----