Mark Howell

Default Jet bandsaw mods

Yes, I don't know how to make a website...

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zvlk/id9.html

If your stock bandsaw rated 3 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being perfect),
where would you rate it now after you have done all the improvements.
I'm impressed with your practical approach and thank you for making the
effort to share it - especially for the high quality, appropriate
pictures.

Bob Davis
Houston, texas

Patriarch

"Mark Howell" wrote in news:Xm0Vd.46140$t46.33935
@trndny04:

Yes, I don't know how to make a website...

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zvlk/id9.html

Nice work on these mods. I have this saw, and have never felt really
comfortable with it, thinking it was just me.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Patriarch
TeamCasa

I have the Jet 16" as well. Like you the original blade went with the
packing material.
I have not experienced the flexing you described but I did however, build my
own mobile base for it and I find it to have a very stable base. (Made using
the same style and some parts from the mobile base that came with my
Unisaw.)
I will take a closer look tonight.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:22:28 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

"Mark Howell" wrote in news:Xm0Vd.46140$t46.33935
@trndny04:

Yes, I don't know how to make a website...

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zvlk/id9.html

Nice work on these mods. I have this saw, and have never felt really
comfortable with it, thinking it was just me.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

And people think you only have to do those mods to Griz and HF
bandsaws. That's a real eye-opener, wot? What are Jets, about
$200 more than Griz and $300 more than HF? Har!

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----
John Thomas

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

And people think you only have to do those mods to Griz and HF
bandsaws. That's a real eye-opener, wot? What are Jets, about
$200 more than Griz and $300 more than HF? Har!

HF doesn't make an 18" do they? I've only ever seen the Delta clone at HF.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here (much different configs of
saws ....)

Regards,
JT
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:51:27 +0000 (UTC), the inscrutable John Thomas
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

And people think you only have to do those mods to Griz and HF
bandsaws. That's a real eye-opener, wot? What are Jets, about
$200 more than Griz and $300 more than HF? Har!

HF doesn't make an 18" do they? I've only ever seen the Delta clone at HF.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here (much different configs of
saws ....)

Neither does any more. I think I got the last of Griz' 18s and HF
never did make one. But for comparison, the concept that Jet, being
more expensive yet no better, is valid. I've watched the guys here
buying Jets and Deltas for a decade now and the majority of them are
not fully pleased. It's sad to see.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----
Mark Howell

wrote in message
oups.com...
If your stock bandsaw rated 3 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being perfect),
where would you rate it now after you have done all the improvements.
I'm impressed with your practical approach and thank you for making the
effort to share it - especially for the high quality, appropriate
pictures.

Bob Davis
Houston, texas

I give it an 8. I think there are 16" saws out there with more resaw
capacity, and better tables.

Mark Howell

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Mark Howell" wrote in news:Xm0Vd.46140$t46.33935
@trndny04:

Yes, I don't know how to make a website...

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zvlk/id9.html

Nice work on these mods. I have this saw, and have never felt really
comfortable with it, thinking it was just me.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Patriarch

Thanks, I was thinking I was the only one who felt like that.

Mark Howell

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Threre's nothing sad to see. You want to put a price on Jet's customer
service, which is probably even better than Delta's? There's alot of quality
in a Jet, *for its price point* , than cheaper machines. It wasn't my
intention
to put down Jet, I mean c'mon, did you look at my equipment list? I spent
$20.00 on fixing what *I* think was a problem, and it probably is not a
problem at all to other people. And since you-get-what-you-pay-for is a
truism, how much happier do you think I'd be with a cheaper machine?

Mark Howell

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
I have the Jet 16" as well. Like you the original blade went with the
packing material.
I have not experienced the flexing you described but I did however, build

my
own mobile base for it and I find it to have a very stable base. (Made

using
the same style and some parts from the mobile base that came with my
Unisaw.)
I will take a closer look tonight.

Dave

Thats a nice sturdy base, is that C channel? I see that you used the
cast iron feet, mine is kinda tippy without them.

http://www.usenet.com

Teamcasa

Thats a nice sturdy base, is that C channel? I see that you used the
cast iron feet, mine is kinda tippy without them.

No, is square tubing, .0125. The same as the original Delta mobil base. Yea,
the feet help with establishing a wider base and lower CG.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com