Larry Blanchard

In article , Larry Jaques
says...
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:23:12 GMT, the inscrutable Badger
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Now where in HELL can I buy a nice, discreet Casio watch with NO bold
and colorful printing smeared all over it? I like Casio's countdown
timers and alarms far better than Timex.

I like casio too, last one lasted over 25 years, including a trip
through a roof and a fall of 18 feet, with me attached, into hard-core
with little more than a scratch on the glass and a dent in the rim

Maybe I'll write to Casio and say "_Enough_ with the text, just
give me a plain watch.

When I retired from my computer job, I tossed my wris****ch and bought a
pocket watch. Most of the time it's in the bottom of a side pocket,
since few pants come with watch pockets any more.

The one I have now is a Benrus quartz from Walmart. I think I paid
about $13 for it, and it's been running for over a year - has a day of
the month as well as the time.

BTW, Walmart has some cheaper ones, under $10. I've had two of those.
One ran fine for 3-4 years, the other crapped out in 3-4 months. That's
when I "upgraded" to the "expensive" model :-).