Eric Dockum

Default Electronic Water Descalers / softeners

I'm considering giving one a try on the cold input to a Combi.
However these electronic descalers are advertised to work (or not)
with a magnetic field applied to the water, so - Is there any
problem with them interfering with other systems, e.g. the chip in the
boiler itself, or the thermostat control system which in my case is
wireless??

Any history of problems Folks?

Eric

"IMM" wrote in message ...
"James Salisbury" wrote in message
Hi,

Do the above mentioned devices actually work?

Mine works. I reduces scale by about 80%. So to me it was worth it. In
some homes they do little, so get a no quibble money back guarantee. They
tend to work better just before an appliance: combi, cylinder, etc. So if
it gives no joy when installing it on the cold mains, try putting it just
before the cold water feed to the cylinder and observe.

---