Charles Spitzer

"v" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:38:43 -0700, someone wrote:

and yet, here, the local gov't subsidizes use of circulators. of course,
they save an incredible amount of water, we live in the middle of a desert
and have a 7 year drought going on.

Waste one or waste the other. In a desert where water is precious,
certainly they don't want people running the water down the drain.
But for more normal situations, I doubt the savings is "incredible".
If I ran my bathroom faucet for a minute to get the hot water to come
up, it wouldn't half fill a 5 gallon bucket. Sure there is a savings
and if you multiply anything by millions of people you get a big
number.

So the water company likes the circulators - but what does the power
company think of those millions of small heating loops running 24/7
during air-conditioning season - the waste of electricity is
incredible, LOL.

they love them. we have a big nuke to power them. most houses in this area
are built on a concrete slab directly on the ground, with underslab pipes.
most of the heat goes down, not up.