kevin77

Ive got exactly the same problem in my ground floor bathroom with
concrete floor . At first I thought 'must be a leak' and I stripped
flooring and bath panel out for a couple of weeks to observe. No
damp, dry as a bone. Conclusion was condensation & lack of
ventilation. Does lino (modern pvc) sweat? Im not totally convinced.

"Fray Bentos" wrote in message o.uk...
"doozer" wrote in message
news
Fray Bentos wrote:
hello all (again)

My kitchen is an extension (not brilliantly built I might add) knocked

up in
the 70's. Solid floor.
I have lived here for 6 years, first time I've had to lift lino

Anyway, we have lino type flooring - cushioned plastic stuff. I pulled

the
washing machine out to have a clean and I pulled the lino back a bit to
clean properly and noticed it was damp underneath. I lifted a larger

patch
and discovered the floor is wet underneath. It smells only very slightly
musty. I dried it very easily with a hairdryer and I'm waiting to see if

the
dampness returns where there is no lino. Many years ago, my father told

me
that lino makes the floor "sweat". Is that true?

Are you sure it's not a small leak from the washing machine? Perhaps the
connector pipe hasn't been done up quite a tightly as it should have been.

Graham

The pipe is dripping from where the pipe is crimped to the connector if that
makes any sense.