Matt

Default Low Cold Pressu Shower options

Hi, I wondered if anyone had a suggestion to help solve my shower
problem...

My flat is on the top (2nd) floor, with the cold water in the bathroom
fed from a communal tank in the roof. I have a combi boiler that
provides the hot water at a decent pressure.

The problem is that the cold water in the bathroom is at a much lower
pressure than the hot; and because of this, they do not mix when I'm
taking a shower. As soon as I turn on the hot water, I get a boiling
hot shower - even if the cold tap is fully open. Even with the hot
water temperature on the boiler at it's lowest setting, the shower is
far too hot to bear.

It has been suggested that I replace my shower with a mixer tap
(rather than being fed from the bath taps). Does anyone know if this
will solve the problem? I've been told I can't put a pump in because
it will interfere with the other people's tank-fed cold water supply.
Whilst I could change the supply to the bathroom so that it's mains
fed, I've been told by a plumber that doing this may drop the mains
pressure into my flat, so won't necessarily solve the problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received! getting up in the morning would
be so much easier with a decent shower!!