Sam Goldwasser

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

No, just put it in the "to do" pile and hope that someday someone will
notice my request here and be a good guy.

Or, just dig into it without a schematic. It's probably a power supply
problem of some kind which should be possible to track down with a
multimeter. A schematic would just make it easier. I know there's
a tantalum cap that blew up and there's something funny about that
area of the circuit because it only measures ~1 V now without the cap.
It's just a pain to get to the bottom of the PCB, requiring removing the
knobs and front panel so was hoping to avoid it. Oh well.....

I have a partial manual that's not very good. I don't know when or
where I got it, but it might help you.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/Heathkit_Sg-1271_Function_Generator.pdf

Talk about replying to old posts.

Thanks, but someone already sent me a complete manual.

I did have to replace a transistor but I don't know if that had anything to
do with the original problem.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.